My First 10 Days in Kuala Lumpur

It has been more than 10 days here now and I still haven’t settled quite well. Haven’t really got comfortable with this place. Its like the place is scaring me. I walk on the streets with my eyes and ears open. Apparently KL is a place where you could witness a lot of crime, in terms of theft and kidnapping, that’s what people say at least. You should not wear jewelry, no handbags, no carrying cell phone in hand. I mean these are the things I am not quite accustomed to, back in Mumbai.  

Not that I hate the place, but the place hasn’t welcomed me well. I had an experience, right on the first day at the airport, where the girl at the counter where we had gone to book our teksi, told us it would cost us RM300 to reach our hotel, whereas my company HR told me it costs around RM80-RM100. Thank god I have an arrogant husband, who questioned that girl and then she charged us RM101.30.

Here the Polis is also quite corrupt. If you don’t have your original passport, they either take you to jail or you have to bribe them, to save yourself all the misery. I mean who’s going to carry their original passports everywhere. What if it is lost, is the country going to take any responsibility. I asked my boss and he said, you can carry an id or may be photocopy of the passports. So now I carry the photocopy everywhere.

Up till now, the thing which I have liked the most here are the road, very broad, very clean, govt transportation is also awesome – will put up some pictures soon. Besides, these things, I am currently living at Damas Suites & Residence, which is opposite Hartamas Shopping complex and looks quite beautiful, but there is no other way to commute from here except teksi. Thankfully, my new house that I have rented is like 10 min away from my office, so that’s the good part, with bus stop, right outside my house and the nearest LRT station - Bangsar is at 3 km from my house. Have heard a lot about the night market here, will experience one next Sunday, it lasts until 11.00pm in the night and you get good stuff. So let’s see hopefully, things go well for me. For now, I don’t have much to share except this; more coming up next Sunday. 

Happy Reading


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Best 8 Days Of My Life

Post Marriage Documents